Sunday, April 24, 2005

The Family Man at Work.

The Family Man has an interesting career in Corporate America.

After several years as a Senior Account Executive with a global Advertising Agency, I’ve recently taken a job as a Marketing Manager with a privately held tech company.

Agency life, for those with first had experience, can be hectic, crazy, unpredictable, exhilarating, stressful, tedious, grueling, rewarding and fun. Over the course of my Agency career I worked with people who were brilliant, people who were exceptionally creative, people who were chameleons and people who were morons – and those were my clients. At the Agency I worked with strategists, creators, innovators, facilitators and poseurs. It was a good run, but the time had come to move on.

My new job is exciting and engaging. We have an exciting product, the Marketing group is composed of bright, hardworking people and our boss is smart, fair and. I’m looking forward to executing marketing programs that will sell our products and solidify our brand image.

Bonus – my commute is now shorter and opposite the main flow of traffic in my city.

The Family Man has the best of both worlds. A great job, that I enjoy, with excellent career prospects and attractive compensation that allows me to provide for my family. Plus a beautiful wife and two young sons that I adore.

That last line is a sentence fragment, and I don’t care.

It’s great to be The Family Man.

No comments: