Monday, June 06, 2005

Talk REALLY Dirty to...someone

First it should be no surprise to anyone that this is a family-oriented blog. After all it is called THE FAMILY MAN.

Having said that, I did write a post a couple of weeks ago titled ‘Talk Dirty To Me.’ Anyone who read it knows it was about the fun Chris and Tommy have saying ‘Poopy’ to each other and in public.

The idea was to use the title of the post to pique the interest of potential readers surfing the vast sea of blogs, and hope they would stop on mine.

Imagine my surprise, then, when I checked my statistics and found the following:

Referers: Who's Linking To Me?
count
-
referer

(no referer)
1

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=talk+dirty+to+your+man&prssweb=Search&ei=UTF-8&fr=sfp&fl=0&x=wrt

Note the final line. Someone typed a Yahoo Search looking for ‘talk+dirty+to+your+man’ and guess where they ended up – that’s right – The Family Man blog.

No doubt they were disappointed when they read the post.

However, it did generate some traffic.

Which has gotten me thinking. The Family Man is a relatively new blog, only about two months old, and I’m still tying to build traffic and find my ‘voice’ in the blogosphere. So in the future you can look for posts with titles like these:

Fun in the bathtub!

Take off those jammies right now!

Is that a banana in your pocket, Chris?

Uh-oh…looks like someone needs a spanking!

If you have ideas for a fun post title please let me know.

It’s great to be The (naughty!) Family Man!

3 comments:

Peanutt said...

Hi there! I happened to find your blog via blog searching. You are too funny, I'm gonna put you on my sidebar if you dont mind! The titles you are coming up with are funny! See you soon!!!

Avery's mom said...

Sad that you have to invent risque' tittles to increase your reader flow . but funny to do at the same point.
I think youre a delight to read each day and I look forward to hearing your tender accounts of raising young boys.

:| raven |: said...

hey .. i meant to ask you ... are you by chance in Colorado?