Thursday, June 09, 2005

Taking Care of Business

Chris and Tommy took the night off tonight. Ate their dinner without a fuss, played nicely, went to bed early. Very unusual. So I’ll take this opportunity to attend to some other business.

No less than three different blogs have mentioned this journal by name – not just adding a link, but talking about this blog in their text. I’m not sure exactly what I’ve done to deserve it, but I’m grateful.

So I’d like to take a moment to thank them.

Thank you, ultrabright, for encouraging your readers to visit this blog. They have. Ultrabright is written by an honest, candid woman who also posts interesting photos. Plus she’s going to have a baby. Good luck and thank you for the plug.

Thanks also to just a mom for USING CAPS to tell people they HAVE to CHECK OUT my journal. Wow. They have. Anyone who writes a blog gets to choose their own name, so please don’t take this as disrespect, but you’re more than Just a Mom. You’re a wild, witty mom with a roller-coaster of a blog. Thank you for the mention.

Thank you, Raven of Nothing in Particular. Yes, you are mysterious, loyal, honest, engaging, complex, compassionate, insecure, enigmatic, funny, and more. Very deep stuff. Thank you for the plug.

Thanks to all the readers who have found this blog from one of the above-mentioned writers and left comments. I hope you’ll find this journal entertaining and worth your time.

And a very special thanks to The Waiter. I can’t believe there’s anyone online who has not read this blog. Every single one of his posts has about 50 comments. To be added to his list of links is a true honor. If by some chance you have not read this blog, you’re missing out. Thank you, Waiter.

Now then. Since there have been some new readers checking in the next few posts will provide a bit more information about Chris and Tommy, the source of much of my content and my true pride and joy. They are great kids. And, fortunately for me, they do some pretty wacky things that are fun to write about.

I’ve also got a five-part post planned that should be entertaining and amusing. It’s starting to come together but needs some work. Look for that toward the end of the month.

(That’s called a tease. I’m a marketing manager during the day. Just trying to keep you coming back for more).

Thanks again for stopping by.

It’s great to be The Family Man.

5 comments:

I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

I've have boys too - tell me al the stories you can conjure, because they make so much sense to me!

My son at four (an early kindergarten entrant) exictedly came home from school after a guest speaker (a cop) taught all about why we all laws.

Mom... when people take things that aren't theirs, it's called ship-lofting, and you can get in big trouble. I'll never be a ship-lofter, that guy made us promise... and promises are important because it means you're aren't a liar... and that really important!"

I wish I could sic my 4 year old on some punk-ass 15 years olds!

I feel your joy - and stop teasing... begin your 5-part saga right now... you're hilarious to read!

Marie said...

I look forward to reading more of your journal. You're a very good writer and the way you convey your love for your children and your wife is beautiful. :-) By the way, thanks for adding me to your sidebar!

JUST A MOM said...

Hey guy, thanks for the mention, I feel honored. Should I take it, that you have read my fosterparent book? (rollercoaster ride) Anyway I realy wanted to let you and others know, that when I read your posts, you have a way for touching the heart. Thank you!

Avery's mom said...

he is a sentimental guy , whose words know how to tug at those heartstrings.
thanks Family man

:| raven |: said...

you are very welcomed. as i have said many times, i love your blog. you are an amazing writer but what shines through is your love for your boys and your family. i love the stories you create and i still say honestly, you should write a book of all these entries.

someday your boys will read it and have beautiful memories of such loving parents.