Friday, May 18, 2007

Web.com stinks

Some of you may have had this experience, but if you have not, be aware of this.

As I mentioned earler this week I have built a website and wanted to incorporate this blog into it. I am an internet neophyte and used Web.com to build my site. Overall the experience was pretty good. If you have visited my site you can see it is clearly the work of an amateur, but it is coming along and I learn something new each time I play around with it.

The latest attempt was to have my blog display in one of the pages on the new site. According to Blogger you can do this. . Beth was kind enough to send me an email with the specific Blogger instructions on how to do this.

So this evening I tried to do it, following Beth's instructions exactly, and it did not work.

I tried several times, to no avail.

I called the Web.com customer support line, and have just gotten off the phone with them after almost 45 minutes. The net of it is, I cannot display my Blogger blog on a page in my website.

So now I have to either figure out how to build teh site in Dreamweaver, which I own but don't have the first clue how to use, or transfer my site to some other host, change templates and start all over.

It's a bit of a bummer.

Any thoughts?